Ahmed Ahmed was born in Helwan, Egypt. His family came to the United States when he was one month old and he grew up in Riverside, California.
Ahmed Ahmed moved to Hollywood when he was 19 years old to pursue a career as an actor and stand-up comedian, and he has been working there ever since.
He has appeared in several films and television shows such as Executive Decision, Swingers, Tracey Takes On, Roseanne, JAG, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn on Comedy Central, and MTV's Punk'd with Ashton Kutcher. He would later joke about his part in Executive Decision in his stand-up routine for the Axis of Evil Comedy Tour. He has also appeared on CNN, The View, and National Public Radio, and was featured on the front page of The Wall Street Journal in December 2001, as well as in Newsweek. He was featured in the PBS television documentary America at a Crossroads series in "STAND UP: Muslim American Comics Come of Age", an episode about Muslim American comedians.
Ahmed Ahmed is a regular performer at The Comedy Store in Hollywood and tours all across the US and Europe. He was the winner of the first annual Richard Pryor Award for ethnic comedy at the Edinburgh Festival in Scotland in the summer of 2004. Ahmed is currently with the Axis of Evil Comedy Tour. He was also a notable guest for Axis of Justice which is a rock and heavy metal concert which fights for social justice.
Ahmed says his role models include his parents, Muhammad Ali, Mitzi Shore, and friend Vince Vaughn.
Following 9/11, and through 2004, Ahmed Ahmed and the comedian Rabbi Bob Alper toured the USA with their ground-breaking show "One Arab, One Jew, One Stage" about interfaith harmony and essential human dignity.
- City of Life (2009)- Nasser
- The Legend of Awesomest Maximus (2008)- Slick Slave Trader
- Iron Man (2008)- Ahmed
- The Onion Move (2008)- Ahmed
- Knight Fever (2008)
- You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)- Waleed
- Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (2005)- Escort
- JAG (1 episode, 2005)- Jalal Sharif
- All In (2005)- Amir
- Girlfriends (1 episode, 2001)
- Roseanne (1 episode, 1996)- Hakeem
- Swingers (1996)- Party Mystery Guy
- Executive Decision (1996)- Terrorist
- Steel Sharks (1996)- Lt. Noussavi
- Virtuosity (1995)- Cameraman
- America at a Crossroads: "STAND UP: Muslim American Comics Come of Age" (2008)- Himself
- The Axis of Evil Comedy Tour (2007)- Himself
- I Am Ahmed Ahmed (2006) TV
- Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days & 30 Nights- Hollywood to the Heartland (2006)- Himself
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1 episode, 2006)- Himself
- National Lampoon Live: The International Show (2004) TV- Himself
- Punk'd (2003) TV
- Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn (1 episode, 2003)- Himself
- The View (2 episodes, 2001)- Himself
- Hey Hey it's Saturday (2010)- Himself